YARA-CI can be installed in both personal and organization GitHub accounts. The installation process is very straightforward, just follow these steps:
- Go to the application page in GitHub: https://github.com/apps/virustotal-yara-ci.
- Click on the “Install” button.
- Choose the account where do you want to install YARA-CI. You can choose between your personal account or any of the organizations you are a member of.
- Choose whether you want to install the application in all your repositories or select specific repositories. Our recommendation is installing the application only in the repositories where you store YARA rules.
- Optionally, you can add a
.yara-ci.ymlfile to your repository for configuring YARA-CI as described in Configuration.
Once the application is installed, your YARA rules will be analyzed on every commit you make to the repository.